3.13.2007

instead of making me better, you keep making me ill

Oi. The last 2 weeks have been a challenge. I missed one day of work because I threw up every time I sneezed. The last 2 days have been a challenge with sickness and exhaustion. Hopefully it will subside quickly now that I am starting the 2nd trimester.

I am in the home stretch of putting together a friend's wedding. I have made a ton of decorations but it's going to be gorgeous. I feel slightly guilty because I wasn't pregnant when I took on the task, and have been struggling to get everything done while fighting feeling less than prime. However I think it's going to be really pretty and hopefully everything the two of them are looking for. I will be glad to see it over so I can try to put the house back together which has been sorely neglected since I started feeling so darn yucky and tired.

Poor mom has been struggling with the flu the last few days. I haven't been able to spend any time with her so as to hopefully avoid adding that to my challenges. I got the flu shot last year in about October, but not worth taking the risk of it being a different type and I am not a fan of throwing up by any stretch.

Only a few weeks away from being able to find out the gender of the bean. I am excited. Tom and I would both like to have a little girl. My brother's kids are both boys so it would be a hoot to put a grand daughter in the mix. Of course healthy being the priority, I will be happy either way just being excited about having a child of my own that I have wanted for so damn long.

Nothing else exciting or worth mentioning, just working on getting through the week.

1 comment:

This and That said...

they say baby girls give moms more morning sickness....but what do I know. I didn't have that much with either pregnancy. the heartbeat was faster with my daughter....like above 140....and I also heard that is a way of telling the sex. who knows....you will know soon. keep posting.